Fun Alley

"Life ees fun." - nouveau Confucian, my ex-coworker The Kreesh

Name:
Location: Hayward, California, United States

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Filling Up On Phil

I prepared to get off the Bart and transfer trains. But the moment I felt the tap on my shoulder, I sensed the jig was up.

"Is it good?" she inquired. I'm not one of you! I'm not!

A deer in headlights, I stammered, "Sorry?" Maybe she's referring to something else.

"That." She motions to the book I had been entranced with during the entire Bart ride. "Is it as good as the ones before it?"

"Ahhh. Yes, it is quite good. It's really plainspoken and direct. But I haven't read any others." I responded softly. Maybe the others won't hear. Shh...Shhh....

"You should!" she exclaims. The entire train, I can feel their eyes. They pierce! They judge! C'mon lady, no more..."Dr. Phil is really the greatest!"

Thaaaanks.

***
But I kid, I kid. I've long gotten past the threat of public ostracization for embracing the uncool.

Wearing the bright orange cap-toed clown shoes my Grandpa bought me took care of that nice and early in life. And having my entire first grade class know that I took a bath with the girl next door sealed the deal. And for good measure, there was the announcement by my coworker during my first all-hands meeting that I watch Gilmore Girls.


So, yeah! It's called Self Matters and it's by Dr. Phil! And I read it right before I get my beauty sleep!! So there!

...Just don't tell anyone ;).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's either a lot of self-confidence, blissful ignorance, or an intentional disregard of what other people think of as uncool that makes Rog cool ... in an oddall/quirky way ... Maybe his friends have given up on trying to 'Pimp My Rog' and we've decided that he's perfectly fine as the human equivalent of an ice cream truck. ;) Maybe Di can let us know if he's still a work in progress :P

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home