Fun Alley

"Life ees fun." - nouveau Confucian, my ex-coworker The Kreesh

Name:
Location: Hayward, California, United States

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

214 - Digits to beware

If a 214 area code calls, send it to voicemail. That is the lesson, my friends. Well, maybe the lesson is, don't give out your phone number to random janitor peeps. The calls persist, 2 this past weekend and an UNKNOWN ID last night (I think Alberto is getting more clever). The thing is, I'm in Dallas this week for training and I actually ran into him on Monday and Tuesday. It was weird - I felt like I had to be extra nice to him cuz all my coworkers were there - and were clued into the story. So, in extra-nice Spanglish, I chatted with him ... only to experience this wonderful gem of a moment.

Alberto: Hola! somethingsomething San Francisco?
Me: Que???
Alberto: somethingsomething San Francisco? (Big Smile)
Me: Que???
Alberto: somethingsomething San Francisco? (Bigger Smile)
Me: Que???
Alberto: somethingsomething San Francisco? (Biggest, Earnestest Smile)
Me: (OK, can't ask again - three times is max. better choose one hotshot) Si.
Alberto: Bueno. (skips away to do janitorial stuff down the hall. Seems to be smiling a lot. hmmmm.)

So...what the heck did I just agree to. My coworkers advise me to say No during times of confusion. To that, I say - um, if I had that good sense in me, would I be in this situation???

If I see him at my door back home one day, I won't even be surprised. Life ees fun, life ees fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pooch said...

Es Clean Hora!!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home