Fun Alley

"Life ees fun." - nouveau Confucian, my ex-coworker The Kreesh

Name:
Location: Hayward, California, United States

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Bailando Otra Vez!

Ring! Ring! Ring! My cell phone danced and I grabbed it, grateful for the break it offered me from my Marketing final.

214....

214...

It sounded oh-so-familiar but I couldn't quite place the area code.

"Hello?"

"Hola! Rogelio... Recuerdome? (remember me?)"

Like a bad sequel, a flurry of panicked-flashbacks swamped me as I dizzily stumbled in the hallway, clutching my forehead in silent panic. [to catch the first episode, please see the posting "Oh Boy Alberto"]

He was back. And more bailando than ever.

"Hola! Hola?"

"Um, hello! Si, I remember you..." came my sickly reply.

"Bueno! Donde estas?"

...And there I went down the slippery slope, explaining that I was very busy (try to escape), that I had class (Clases? Que clases?) and that I was in school (Porque? Por negocio -- ah, still got that AP Spanish skills :)...) and that I was in Chicago (que bueno!).

I tried to run away, but just like in those silly horror flicks, I stumbled, bumbled, and crashed into nearly everything along the way. The conversation, it was picking up momentum....pretty soon, I'd be caught having a real conversation! ack!

"OK, voy a ir. Bye bye. Adios!" Halt the JAWS score -- the water went still as Bailando suddenly left. I was left in a cold sweat, clutching my phone as the 214 phone number blinked three times and faded.

A year later, he had found me.

Ay caramba.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pooch said...

clean time!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home