Fun Alley

"Life ees fun." - nouveau Confucian, my ex-coworker The Kreesh

Name:
Location: Hayward, California, United States

Thursday, April 07, 2005

I'm a tomato

Just got back from my interview with the Experiment in International Living. It was a really fun interview, although I am on pins and needles hoping that I made a good impression. I think I did well...then again, I was the only person in a suit there. Oops.

The cool thing about this trip abroad is that it's being an RA in a new world. This expedition is about immersing ourselves in a new culture, helping young minds grow, and gaining a better understanding of how the rest of the world lives. Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Botswana ... I don't mind where I get sent -- I just hope hope hope I get sent.

As usual, of course, there was a defining FunAlley moment, when time sort of slowed and the proverbial pie smashed beautifully in my face. The group interview consisted of four candidates and the interviewer sitting on chairs forming a circle.

Interviewer: What fruit would you be?
Candidate #1: Mango. Because it's tropical and full of flavor.
Interviewer: Interesting!
Me: I would be a tomato. Because people think it's a vegetable but it's really a fruit. Similarly,...
Candidate #3: ...People think you are a vegetable but you really are a fruit?
Interviewer: (stifles laugh)
Me: *cry!*

The end.

Wish me luck peeps.

With the things I say, I'm sure going to need it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pooch said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! I laughed out loud at my desk.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"LMAO" - ah, that was great, that was classic Rog - I could so totally see the expression on his face as he realized what he just said (Even if it took someone else to bring it to his attention) ... I just hope that some international students out there will get to experience this great taste of American humor. heh

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home